About this Job
Off the Couch is looking to hire a team of awesome individuals to operate our new live adventure games in Santa Clara. This job is low stress, a lot of fun, and offers a very unique and awesome work environment.
In this role you are a game master, storyteller, customer support champion, guide, an actor, and a problem solver.
You will interact with our guests and host our live adventure game rooms to deliver an entertaining and memorable experiences. You will be trained on the mechanics and story for each game room, where you will be responsible for hosting each group throughout their adventure. This includes providing guidance to our adventurers when needed and resetting the room after each group.
The ideal candidate possesses amazing people skills, loves making people happy, and genuinely enjoys games and entertainment.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a message that details why you feel you would be a great fit for this position to email@example.com
- Greet guests upon arrival, explain game rules, and answer questions
- Maintain the character of game master and storyteller
- Monitor live adventures and guide the guests through their experience
- Interact and facilitate group conversations after the game
- Explain puzzles and identify areas of enjoyment, difficulty, and discontent with guests
- Take photos of guests and upload them to social media sites
- Problem solve and deal with the unexpected as necessary
- Reset all the game functions for the next group of guests
- Clean and maintain props and game rooms
- Perform front desk duties, including: fielding calls, scheduling reservations, responding to emails, processing payments, some marketing and customer outreach
- General housekeeping for our lobby, restroom, seating area, and storefront
- Available nights and weekends (flexible scheduling)
- Should be able to lift 30 lbs., reach, squat, kneel, climb a ladder, use minor hand tools
- Requires sitting at a console for extended periods at a time.
- Friendly personality and comfortable engaging with small and large groups of people
- Sense of humor and ability and cultivate a positive environment
- Perceptive and socially aware
- Some acting experience is a plus
- Interest in puzzles and games
- Ability to focus while multi-tasking
About Off The Couch, Inc.
Off The Couch, Inc. provides live adventure games in which teams of players solve a series of puzzles using clues, hints, and strategy to complete the objectives at hand. Players are given a time limit to unveil the secret plot which is hidden within the rooms. This form of team building is designed to provide a fun and intellectually stimulating activity for businesses, families, and friends, alike. Only by working together and combining their knowledge are groups able to successfully win the game.
We started off as a group of friends who shared a passion for escape rooms. In 2015, we decided to build our own company to bring the best escape room experiences to the Bay Area to encourage the community to interact with each other, use their minds in new ways, and most importantly… get off the couch.